ESS Job Vacancies
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Head of Programme
Recent advances in the performance levels at the programme have prompted the requirement of a full-time Assistant Head of Programme; working alongside the Head Coach and a vastly experienced and enthusiastic coaching team to deliver a programme that aspires to be the best in the London Region.
The candidate must have the versatility to work with athletes at all levels, be passionate about advancing the performance of the programme, be willing to take on projects that seek to enhance our service delivery and contribute positively to the dynamic of our experienced and enthusiastic coaching team.
Working hours will be split between time on deck (approximately 20 hours per week) and administrative/operational duties. The candidate should be reliable and be willing to provide flexibility with regards to coaching availability - in some instances they may be required to deputise for the Head of Programme during phases of the season when the Head Coach is unavailable due to Competition/CPD/Camp requirements.
A non-exhaustive list of key skills/requirements includes;
- Knowledge of the development, organisation, implementation and coordination of swim squads to ensure all athletes are given the opportunity to maximise their potential, including an understanding of swimming specific LTAD and High Performance swimming environments
- Excellent communication skills; including the mentoring of and contribution to an experienced coaching team, SSSM/gym/land support services and liaison with the Teaching divisions of the programme
- Working at a strategic level with Fusion Lifestyle service provider and the Enfield Swim Squad Committee
- Building strong relationships with athletes, parents and partner programmes to continually encourage individuals and groups towards the next level of swimming development
- Lead and/or assist at competitions and meets to support, monitor and develop Enfield Swim Squad athletes
- Lead and/or assist in the development and implementation of an athlete/coach/parent education programme, providing pastoral support to athletes and promoting the highest levels of professionalism at all times
- Assisting and contributing to the development and delivery of an annual competitive calendar, which adequately reflects the needs of all squads across the programme
- Assisting or leading in the planning, organising and delivery of Offshore and Domestic Camps
- Contributing to a vibrant and spirited training and racing environment, bringing passion and technical expertise to poolside at both training and competition
- Leading the expansion of revenue-generating areas of the programme, including the formation of a development model for Masters and non-competitive areas of the programme
- Working alongside the Head of Programme during non-coaching hours to develop new initiatives, manage the programme and fulfil administrative duties
Enfield Swim Squad would like the candidate to be in place for the commencement of the 2017/18 season (late August), although some flexibility in potentially starting before the end of the current season may be preferable.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Full time position (40 hours per week); initial fixed term 12 months contract, to be reviewed; salary dependent on experience.
Applications close 16th July 2017.
Interviews w/c 17th July.
Swimming Teachers Wanted
Our teaching houses Griffins and Edmonton Phoenix are always on the lookout for enthusiastic swimming teachers, qualified at either level 1 or 2, or unqualified and willing to learn. If you are interested, please contact Linda for Griffins house at Arnos Pool or Sue at Edmonton Phoenix for posts at Southbury and Edmonton. Swimmers or ex-swimmers (15+) preferred.